Saturday, December 14, 2019

What do you do to deStress???


Hey there!
I have had a ton of changes happening in the last 2 years.
First, my youngest, SIX graduated from high school and went off to college.
Then, Bratchild had a baby.
Then, HeMan Hubby got cancer.
1 year and 18 days later, my SuperHero passed away ...
At home surrounded by the kids and me.
Since then I have started a new job.
Started a home based wellness business...
Check out ColorMeThin.us to find out about that... but I can tell you I bring Happy into people's lives and that is something that makes me very happy!
I am currently in the process of moving out of the home HeMan Hubby and I shared. Where we raised our 6 kids.
The place that has been my haven for nearly 25 years.
In the process of sorting thru, clearing out and downsizing...
Believe me...
Downsizing from a 4000sq ft 6 bedroom house to a 10x20 storage unit is really hard!
During this process I found the stash of furniture I had planned to refinish and sell...
So, I refinished some pieces for a couple of my friend's little girls and I enjoyed it so much I have decided to do the rest of the pieces in the basement too!



Before... the desk and dresser were covered in graffiti from BratChild and her friends...

The after pics show how pretty they ended up...
With a little elbow grease and imagination!
The old vanity (below) that was my grandmother's, had about 7 layers of paint on it. I stripped it down and as I removed each layer of paint I liked the way it looked with the blue and white and the original mahogany ... 

And... I decided to seal it that way... 
Doesn't it look nice!

This really has helped me deStress, well my Happy Coffee (and chocolate and lemonade) on ColorMeThin.us have helped immensely too😀
Life has thrown me some curve balls, but I am working my way through it all...
One day, and one piece of furniture, at a time!

What helps you to deal with your stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment