Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scrapbooking...not just for books!

Yes, you read that correctly!

Did you know that you can  get 16x16 square frames designed to fit scrapbook pages at your local craft supply store?

Well - Now You Do!

The best thing about these frames is that they are similar in depth to shadowbox frames, but not quite as deep and not nearly as pricey!

This means that you can create beautiful scrapbook pages for any occasion...
Complete with the embellishments that make  your heart sing...
ribbons and bows
buttons and brads
coins, concert tickets...
even a child's cherished keepsake or small trinket or toy...

And it will fit!

I  had a great idea to make a page for each birthday  for my grandchildren with photos and momentos from that year ...
put it in a frame until the next year.


Once removed from the frame for the new page the old one would be put into a scrapbook album.

After 18 years there would be a completed scrapbook  for each child to take with them on their journey to adulthood...be it college or marriage or  whatever... that would keep them in touch with  their loved ones and the memories of their childhoods...

I am sorry to say that plan has not worked out as I has planned... I still plan to make those pages...I just have a few years to catch up on that's all.





So-here  is what I did instead...
To commemorate the visit from HeManHubby's brother and his family from DownSouth this year I out photos of their little ones and our grandkids- FancyPants and BabyG.








I think it turned out well and it looks great on the wall between the kitchen and the family room.




Happy Crafting!
        ~d

No comments:

Post a Comment